11/30/10

Ibra to quit in 2014 ?

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has revealed he plans to retire from the game once his contract with AC Milan ends in June 2014. The Sweden striker will be 33 then, but will not look to play beyond that.


In an interview with the latest issue of Italy's Vanity Fair, Ibrahimovic said: "How long do I intend to play? A maximum three (seasons). One should stop playing when you are at the top." Ibrahimovic has been inspirational since joining AC Milan from Barcelona in the summer.

He has scored seven goals in 13 games to lift I Rossoneri to the top of Serie A, and found the back of net four times to help them progress to the knockout phase of the UEFA Champions League.

And he admits he is supremely confident in his game. He said: "Do I feel the strongest player in the world? Yes, I do.

"If you don't think like that, you don't go out on the pitch 100 per cent. For me, to be second doesn't exist."


Do I feel the strongest player in the world? Yes, I do. If you don't think like that, you don't go out on the pitch 100 per cent.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More