12/27/10

Ibrahim Afellay: I Can't Wait To Play Alongside Messi And Iniesta

Ibrahim Affelay
Barcelona

Barcelona's latest arrival Ibrahim Afellay is looking forward to teaming up with Lionel Messi and Andres Iniesta.


Barcelona's new signing Ibrahim Afellay has confessed he is desperate to play alongside Lionel Messi and Andres Iniesta once his career at the Camp Nou begins in earnest.

The former PSV Eindoven attacker finally joined up with the Blaugrana at the end of last week, passing a medical before being unveiled to the media, and he spoke to Barca TV of his excitement at teaming up with the Ballon d’Or-nominated duo.

He claimed: “They are the best in the world. I cannot wait to play with them. I cannot compare to Iniesta, he has a lot of quality. Every player is different and has their own virtues.

“I wanted to play for Barcelona even before their interest in signing me, because I watched them on television. Every day when I finish training now, I stay on the field a little longer on the field with the aim of improving.

“I’m still young, but I have played many games. I contested the World Cup with the Netherlands, and all this experience will do well for me.”

Afellay becomes Barcelona’s 19th Dutch signing in the history of the club, taking on squad number 20 for the Catalan side.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More