1/2/11

Brunt sorry for Rooney foul




Chris Brunt has apologised for his late tackle on Wayne Rooney, which could yet leave the Manchester United striker sidelined.
West Brom midfielder Brunt, 26, went into the book for the lunge in the closing stages of United's 2-1 triumph at The Hawthorns on Saturday.
Rooney hobbled off the field for treatment before re-emerging to limp to the final whistle, with United having used all three substitutes.
"It was a naughty one. I did catch him and I apologised," revealed Brunt, who accepted his punishment for halting a United counter-attack.
"I don't want to see anyone injured so I am glad he came back on. I was just hoping he didn't get me back but he seemed alright and hopefully it is nothing serious."
Rooney, who opened the scoring in the game with his first goal from open play this season, is hoping to shrug off the injury in time for Tuesday's visit of Stoke.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More